PEM (Plastic Encapsulated Microcircuit) Qualification
Micross offers the most complete turnkey solution for PEMs and COTS devices based on NASA instructions (PEM-INST 001) as well as any customer-provided screening requirements. We bring 30+ years expertise in device upscreening and qualifications; in-house assembly, component modification and electrical & reliability test methods to our PEMs solutions.
PEM Qual Advantages:
The usage of COTS PEMs offers many benefits to overcome the challenges of sourcing hi-reliability or custom component solutions. Micross can perform PEMs on almost all component technologies including:
- FPGAs, Processors, SoC, ASICs, RF and Memory
- Analog and Mixed Signal Devices
- Digital and logic devices
- Discrete Semiconductor and passives plus many others
Ancillary Services to PEM Screening and Qualification:
- Component Modification: HSD, BGA Reballing
- Alternative paths for failing PEMs
- Bare Die and Wafer Procurement
- Plastic and Hermetic Assembly
*Micross has partnered with Hi-Rel Labs, the premier authority & industry leader in Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) and Failure Analysis (FA) to provide customers with one complete PEM-Qual (Plastic Encapsulated Microcircuit) solution.
Email for more information.
The STS Advantage
- Rigorous upscreening to NASA instructions (PEM-INST 001)
- Optional customer-provided screening requirements
- Can provide pre-qualified products ready-to-use
- Low-earth-orbit (LEO) spacecraft
- Space launch vehicles
- Command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR)