Manufactured wafers must be handled both carefully, to avoid damaging valuable circuits. and quickly, to shorten the time to value. During three decades of working to the stringent requirements of military and aerospace companies, STS has developed a quality assurance program that is second to none. Now commercial companies as well can benefit from STS’s full range of die processing services including:
- Wafer thinning and polishing: STS can thin wafers down to 25 microns while protecting wafers with a wide range of front-side tape products. To remove substrate damage, STS employs dry polishing.
- Wafer dicing: STS uses state-of-the-art dicing systems that can handle wafers up to 300mm (12 inches) in diameter. Our technicians minimize yield loss and can handle even the most complex dicing patterns. STS can process most non-silicon materials including gallium arsenide, silicon germanium, quartz, sapphire, glass, and piezoelectric and laminate materials.
- Die pick and place: STS has automated pick and place capabilities but can also perform manual pick and place as needed.
- Die inspection: As the final step before assembly operations, STS inspects dies using the most up-to-date automatic inspection equipment and offers 100 percent visual inspection by operators certified to commercial and military specifications.
The STS Advantage
- More than three decades of experience serving commercial, military, and aerospace markets
- Custom die processing operations to the most stringent specifications
- Integrated operations for fast time-to-market
- Guaranteed first-time success
- Wafer sawing up to 300 mm (12 inches)
- Silicon and non-silicon materials
- Automated and manual pick and place
- Automated and visual inspection